February 17, 2021: Accelerated Technology Laboratories, Inc. (ATL), a leader in Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), will be presenting at the 2022 South Carolina Environmental Conference (SCEC), which will take place on March 13-16, 2022, at the Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center in Myrtle Beach, SC. This annual event, held jointly by the WEASC and SCAWWA, brings local water/wastewater professionals together to discuss relevant industry topics. ATL will be presenting on Monday, March 14th – here are the details:
Monday, March 14
Session M6: Laboratory
10:50 – 11:20AM ET
Using a LIMS to Solve Today’s Most Common Laboratory Challenges
Using a LIMS to Solve Today’s Most Common Laboratory Challenges will begin by illustrating common obstacles that prevent environmental laboratories from achieving their operational productivity goals and regulatory compliance requirements. The focus will transition to providing valuable guidance on how environmental and water/wastewater laboratories are using LIMS and laboratory automation to address challenges in the following areas:
- Traceability – The ability to traceback from sample login to disposal is becoming increasingly important based on changes to standards such as TNI and ISO 17025.
- Data integrity – Lab automation can eliminate data quality issues due to manual input and associated transcription errors.
- Mobile technology – Leveraging tablets to record information electronically reduces transcription errors, saves time, and allows the laboratory to go paperless. This is especially valuable for field sample testing.
- Attaining/maintaining laboratory certifications – Quality standards such as TNI and ISO 17025 put significant pressure on laboratories to keep accurate track of hundreds of data points, laboratory supplies, instrument calibration records, and employee training records.
- Reporting – The ability to automate this entire process is a critical time saver with the use of Web portals and automated emails to reduce turnaround time and increase lab productivity.
- Integration with other enterprise applications – Water/wastewater organizations today need to combine data from a variety of sources in order to generate required reporting such as the NPDES DMR. Learn how this is possible with LIMS.
ATL has been providing LIMS solutions to water/wastewater/environmental laboratories for more than 25 years, which is why we enjoy this event. ATL looks forward to meeting SCEC attendees on March 14th in Myrtle Beach, SC. For more information, including agenda and registration details, please visit the conference website at scwaters.org/mpage/scec.
ATL, headquartered in West End, NC, provides laboratory automation solutions to a variety of industries from analytical, environmental, food & beverage, water and wastewater, agriculture, cannabis, chemical, government, public health and manufacturing. ATL’s LIMS products are installed in over 600 laboratories around the world and supported by a steadfast commitment to excellence in product quality, support and training. For additional information, please visit www.atlab.com.
The South Carolina Environmental Conference (SCEC) is held jointly by the Water Environment Association of South Carolina (WEASC) and the South Carolina Section of the American Water Works Association (SCAWWA) For additional information, visit: scwaters.org/mpage/scec